We don’t actively support Internet Explorer
It appears that you are using Internet Explorer, which has been discontinued by Microsoft. Support has ended for versions older than 11, and as a result you may face security issues and other problems when using it.
We recommend upgrading to a newer browser such as Firefox, Google Chrome, or Edge for a much better experience across the web.
While this site may work with Explorer, we are not testing and verifying it, so you may run into some trouble or strange looking things.
Distribution Coordinator [12-month contract position] – Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press
Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press is one of Canada’s foremost higher-education publishers. Our dynamic publishing team includes editorial, production, marketing and sales and is responsible for doubling our sales revenues over the past four years and creating leading-edge digital products.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our dynamic team in the position of Distribution Coordinator, based out of our downtown Toronto office.
This position requires the ability to seek out and pull together information across several different teams with competing priorities and would be well suited to someone with strong communication and organizational skills.
- Maintaining metadata for all print and digital products at Canadian Scholars and Women’s Press
- Optimizing metadata to keep titles current through testing different strategies and messaging
- Managing digital assets available like PDFs, ePubs, Covers, and chapter samples
- Ensuring our products are regularly available on essential digital platforms (like Amazon, Indigo, Campus eBookstore, Ingram, VitalSource, ProQuest, RedShelf, etc)
- Working closely with our Director of Sales and Marketing, our Marketing Manager, and their teams in support of our marketing and sales objectives
- Communicating with and managing our relationships with distribution partners
- An undergraduate degree
- A book publishing certificate would be an asset
- Knowledge of ONIX best practices would be an asset
- 1-2 years’ experience in academic book publishing would be an asset
- Experience with eBooks and digital distribution would be an asset
Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience. Please submit applications in one pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 26, 2021.
Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equality and diversity, and we encourage applicants from underrepresented communities. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.